Ontario Agriculture

The network for agriculture in Ontario, Canada

General Agriculture Discussions (418)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

WANTED: pictures of barns missing boards for a story on thieves

I need pictures of old barns missing boards  and stories about cedar fence rail thieves and barn board thieves - do they ever get caught?…

Started by Robert Campbell

0 Jun 15, 2015

Where to find pressure treated fence posts?

I am looking for a truckload of pressure treated fence posts for a large pasture project, and am having trouble finding a supplier in south…

Started by me54321

0 Jun 3, 2015

See This New Ag Video: CONTROLLED BURN [2160p HD]

See this new Ag Video: “Controlled Burn” https://youtu.be/Y-VLwBjJtHI

Started by Robert Frye

0 May 31, 2015

See this great video: 2015 Corn Planting In Iowa (2160p HD)

See this great video: 2015 Corn Planting In Iowa (2160p HD) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKmVH3FNN5k

Started by Robert Frye

0 May 31, 2015

See this great Ag Video: "SPRAYING HERBICIDE IN IOWA [2160p HD]

See This New Ag Video: “Herbicide Spraying In Iowa” [2160p HD] https://youtu.be/o_MOgTK8s5Q

Started by Robert Frye

0 May 31, 2015

LOOKING FOR HARVEST CREW

We are a Custom Harvesting Crew from Saskatchewan.  Looking for men or women to join our 2015 Harvest crew.  We travel to Kansas and back i…

Started by Lynn Prevost

0 Apr 28, 2015

Hunters, another cash crop

I am a hunter and have been in a successful landowner relationship for ten years. We pay $350/hunter/week for access and use of the hunt ca…

Started by Dave swift

0 Apr 6, 2015

Ontario BeeKeepers' Association Responds To Misleading Media Campaign - Neonics.

From Ontario Bee Association MILTON, ON. A coalition of Ontario Farm organizations, along with pesticide and seed industries, has launched…

Started by OntAG Admin

2 Feb 7, 2015
Reply by Colin Lundy

31st Annual Eco Farm Day conference in Cornwall, ON

Healthy Land, Healthy People, Healthy Profits A winter day full of food, friendship and inspiration – it’s Eco Farm Day 2015 and it’s a hig…

Started by Colin Lundy

0 Jan 19, 2015

Arctic Ocean releasing large volumes of methane

It would appear the Arctic Ocean is releasing large volumes of methane. Two things: It is a small wonder Denmark and Russia want to lay cl…

Started by Joann

0 Dec 30, 2014

RSS

Agriculture Headlines from Farms.com Canada East News - click on title for full story

Väderstad enters a strategic partnership with John Deere in Russia and Ukraine

To grow even closer to the customers and to further strengthen our presence in Russia and Ukraine, Väderstad enters into a regional dealer partnership with John Deere. The partnership means same dealer network for Väderstad and John Deere products in the two countries.

Alltech supports young agricultural communicators at Ag Media Summit

Young agricultural communicators are the voices of the future, and helping these passionate leaders join the global conversation is key to educating the world’s consumers about where their food comes from.

Don Rees Appointed New President of Sevita International

Sevita International is very pleased to announce the appointment of Don Rees as their new President, effective July 31, 2017. Don is an accomplished executive with many years of leadership experience with multi-national and Canadian food and agricultural companies such as Maple Leaf Foods, Frito-Lay, Monsanto, SunOpta and Organic Meadow.

Canada’s Food Guide revision summaries encourage a shift toward a more plant-based diet

Some producers may be disheartened by evidence revealed in the summaries put together by the Government of Canada for the updated Food Guide.

Ontario Government ad causes stir within provincial agricultural community

Image shows government is out of touch with rural Ontario, according to some members of the ag community

© 2017   Created by Darren Marsland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service