Ontario Agriculture

The network for agriculture in Ontario, Canada

Government and Politics in Ontario Agriculture: The Boiler Room (126)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

John Wise, former Minister of Agriculture and Dairy farmer Dies at the age of 77.

John Wise Former Minister of Agriculture and Dairy Farmer Dies at the Age of 77 Former Ag Minister Will Be Remembered for His Contribution…

Started by OntAG Admin

2 Jan 14, 2013
Reply by OntAG Admin

What is next for Ontario's Horse Racing Industry?

Here is a news video that discusses the situation.What feedback or thoughts do others have on this issue?

Started by Joe Dales

0 Nov 9, 2012

How damaging is the XL Meat ecoli crisis to consumer food safety confidence?

Every night for the past week I have been watching the Canadian meat industry get aggressively criticized by all of its opponents.   I know…

Started by Joe Dales

0 Oct 8, 2012

War of 1812 and land grantees.

Mr. Harper recently, as noted by media, marked the War of 1812 and commemorated the Canadian "victories". (although history reveals all sid…

Started by Joann

0 Sep 15, 2012

Crime of the Century, Who Stole $30M of MAPLE SYRUP?

I had to laugh when I saw this story on CBC the other night...only in Canada would it get so much coverage.   I would watch Bob and Doug Ma…

Started by Roadrunner

2 Sep 10, 2012
Reply by Tony M

Opening Canada’s barn doors for the sake of trade..

I found this link on an American news site. http://www.globalnews.ca/canadas+food+supply+at+stake+in+new+trade+talks/6442664555/story.html

Started by Joann

2 Jun 22, 2012
Reply by Joann

The U.N. and Canadian Food Rights

Mr. Brian Lilley wrote an interesting opinion published on May 17/12 in the Toronto Sun titled- No Food Rights on the Menu: UN’s special ra…

Started by Joann

0 May 22, 2012

Are Production and Marketing Licenses Sovereign Taxes?

A question about taxing “rights” has piqued our interest and if anyone can enlighten us with information, we would appreciate it.   The Inc…

Started by Joann

1 Apr 12, 2012
Reply by Joann

Here's how the Horse Racing Industry affects Ontario's Economy. Does it affect your farm business?

This is an intteresting Fact Sheet on how Ontario's Horse Racing Industry affects the economy. How much will it affect farmers? Does it aff…

Started by OntAG Admin

5 Apr 5, 2012
Reply by OntAG Admin

Federal Budget 2012: Agriculture Cut by $309.7 Million. Post your comments...

Yesterday's Federal Budget from Finance Minister Jim Flaherty: proposes Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) and the Canadian Food Insp…

Started by OntAG Admin

0 Mar 30, 2012

RSS

Agriculture Headlines from Farms.com Canada East News - click on title for full story

© 2018   Created by Darren Marsland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service