This strategic and tactical role provides leadership to field services and sales with multi-provincial responsibility with an emphasis on operations, sales and service delivery, this role oversees all Districts and related field services, Customer Service and Software sales and support. The Director of Operations is a member of the Executive Team and reports directly to the General Manager.
Operations and Field Services
- Direct all aspects of operations, including on-farm services, sales, support and office based customer service.
- Oversee field management, specialists, software solutions and support, client service resources, including productivity and performance management, training, health and safety.
- Lead operational efficiencies and effectiveness of program and service delivery.
- Resolve and respond to inquiries and concerns from customers and others.
- Determine, develop and direct strategic sales methodology and plans with a direct and positive impact to business growth.
- Align sales goals and targets with the company’s vision, mission and values.
- Generate new business and enhance client retention.
- In close cooperation with Marketing & Product Development, introduce new services to enhance customer services and corporate revenues.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Agriculture or similar discipline.
- Willing to travel having multi-provincial responsibility.
- 8-10 years of experience in business development, analysis, marketing, sales in the agricultural industry.
- Excellent capabilities in task and people leadership, communication and public relations at a senior level.
- Ability to manage financial and administrative aspects of a large division.
- Strong strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills, including a thorough understanding of interpretation of business needs and operational solutions.
- Works collaboratively across all divisions in a strong team environment.
- Bilingualism would also be an asset.
My client offers a competitive salary along with a stimulating and progressive work environment. Please submit a cover letter and resumé with an email subject line ‘Director of Operations”.