Ontario Agriculture

The network for agriculture in Ontario, Canada

Crop Talk (79)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Glyphosate price reduction?

The last 2 years have been a wild ride in the glyphosate business, making it tough for farmers to "manage through" when it comes to pricing…

Started by Wayne Black

3 Oct 6, 2009
Reply by David

Spraying red clover

Peter Gredig's got his sprayer out - in this edition of From the Field. Click to watch - http://www.eHarvest.com/default.aspx?vid=vid_1121

Started by Andrew Campbell

0 Oct 6, 2009

Are you growing as much winter wheat this year?

Just wondering what everyone is planning this fall....with possibility of a later harvest and the price of wheat...are you planning to plan…

Started by Roadrunner

0 Oct 3, 2009

FROST - Sept. 19th

Yes - frost has been sighted around this area at varying levels. One car had ice on it (couldn't wipe it off with your finger). This pictur…

Started by Wayne Black

3 Sep 21, 2009
Reply by Wayne Black

this years bean harvest

how are peoples soybeans looking any funguses or bug problems?

Started by i man

7 Sep 13, 2009
Reply by OntAG Admin

Do you want Biotech wheat? What does everyone else think?

Do you want biotech wheat? Two weeks ago I wrote about my hopes for the next phase of biotech traits for agriculture. Since then, grower a…

Started by Peter Gredig

3 Aug 28, 2009
Reply by Wayne Black

How Did Your Precision Ag Technology Work This Year? Any Issues?

I wanted to see how everyone did with their new systems. What do you think? Any problems or questions? If you have any topics that you w…

Started by Jordan Wallace

0 Aug 22, 2009

U of G.: Wanted A Field Site to Monitor Canada Fleabane.

I am looking for a field site to monitor Canada fleabane (Erigeron canadensis) a.k.a. Horseweed or Mare's tail (but not horsetail). Spec…

Started by OntAG Admin

0 Aug 22, 2009

Mid-Season Corn/Soy Review: How Are Your Crops Looking?

Mid-Season Review For corn and soybean growers, the calendar says we are well past the mid-season mark, but in many parts of corn/soy coun…

Started by Peter Gredig

0 Aug 19, 2009

RSS

Agriculture Headlines from Farms.com Canada East News - click on title for full story

Is Corn Earworm the Next Field Crop Pest for Ontario?

It is August when this article is being written so we do not know what potential impact corn earworm (CEW) could have on our grain corn crop until harvest. Corn earworm was found in several fields in Ontario and Eastern Canada in late summer of 2018 and in 2019.

NDP leader behind jeers at rural expo: Doug Ford

Premier Doug Ford picked a political fight with Ontario's opposition leader at a normally non-partisan rural expo Tuesday, accusing her of being behind a smattering of jeers he received at the event.

Canopy to hire new CEO by end of year: chairman

Canopy Growth Corp. expects to complete its search for a new chief executive officer by the end of the calendar year, its chairman said during its first annual meeting without co-founder Bruce Linton at the helm.

Ontario Field Crop Report – Week of September 16, 2019

As fall approaches, two things are certain – winter will come and soybean cyst nematode (SCN) has done its business! For many growers, managing soybean cyst nematode means planting SCN resistance varieties BUT effective SCN management does not end when you have selected your soybean varieties!

Chinese Rollback of Tariffs on U.S. Pork Further Jeopardises Canada's Competitive Position

The Canadian Meat Council warns China's rollback of tariffs on U.S. pork further jeopardizes Canada's competitive position in that market. In June China suspended Canadian pork and beef imports in response to the discovery of fraudulent export certificates that had identified non-Canadian product as Canadian.

© 2019   Created by Darren Marsland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service