Ontario Agriculture

The network for agriculture in Ontario, Canada

Horticulture Info Exchange (17)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Dufferin Cty - Honeywood land

A new issue (to me in Huron County) has been brought to my attention. I am quickly being brought up to speed but as we all know, there are…

Started by Wayne Black

2 Sep 28, 2009
Reply by Wayne Black

Holland Marsh Freshness

We're very excited here in the Holland Marsh. There is a new television show, Fresh Life, airing on SUN TV, and they are featuring the Holl…

Started by Avia Eek

5 Sep 20, 2009
Reply by Roadrunner

To spray or not to spray

First off - I am not a horticultural farmer. Just wheat, corn, beans, hay, oats, barley. No fruits - I just see the "fruit" of my labour. W…

Started by Wayne Black

2 Sep 7, 2009
Reply by Wayne Black

Farmer v. fungus

Attack of the killer of tomatoes Cold, rainy summer has provided perfect conditions for crop-destroying blight Read article in Globe and…

Started by Sandra Dales

0 Aug 28, 2009

Local Food Going Mobile

A ‘buy local’ initiatives - Let us know if you see it in your community Local Food Going Mobile McGuinty Government Helping to Promote O…

Started by Sandra Dales

0 Aug 27, 2009

Local Food Initiatives Receive Funding: A Good Idea?

In early July, the Ontario Market Investment Fund announced funding for six new projects: From The Grower website. Grown in Windsor-Essex…

Started by Sandra Dales

1 Aug 20, 2009
Reply by Sandra Dales

Dutch Greenhouse Growers Broadside Canadian Pepper Industry.

We thought this would be a good discussion topic. The strong Canadian dollar and aggressive competition is a challenge for most agri produc…

Started by Sandra Dales

0 Aug 20, 2009

RSS

Agriculture Headlines from Farms.com Canada East News - click on title for full story

Disease Alert: PDCOV and PED

Don't let outbreaks turn into a potential epidemic.

Ontario Pork Chair and Vice-Chair Elected (2024)

The Ontario Pork Board of Directors welcomes incoming Chair Tara Terpstra, a producer from Huron County and Vice-Chair Bruce Hudson, a producer from Ottawa Valley.

Maintaining Reduced Exposure To Toxoplasma gondii, By Brad DeWolf from Southwest Ontario Veterinary Services

Toxoplasma gondii (T. gondii) is a zoonotic and protozoan parasite that infects more than one-third of the global human population.

Ag in the House: April 8 – 11

A recap of question period’s mentions of farmers and Bill C-234

Stress Hormones Measured in Hair Offer Potential to Identify Pigs’ Resilience to Disease

A multi-institutional team, of scientists is exploring the potential of using the levels of stress hormones deposited in the hair of pigs to determine which genetic lines will be more or less able to ward off disease.

© 2024   Created by Darren Marsland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service