Ontario Agriculture

The network for agriculture in Ontario, Canada

Heard on the news this morning about another sad loss to the Grey County area. A few weeks ago millions of dollars of damage occurred from a tornado. Now the local ice cream plant has burned to the ground. We usually buy Chapmans Premium Ice Cream because it is made in Ontario and the first ingredient is "Cream" - therefore they get to use the "little blue cow" logo.
On one hand I want to say go out and buy a 2L tub (Plastic container) of Chapmans Ice Cream because it is on sale this week at Zehr's. On the other hand I do not want to tell you that because I need to stock up my freezer since there will probably be limited supply in a few weeks.
Full news report at CKNX websites:
http://am920.ca/news.php?area=details&cat_id=4&art_id=6364
http://www.1017theone.ca/news.php?area=details&art_id=6364
Photos by Kirk Scott

Views: 421

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Wayne: Have you heard if they plan to rebuild or not? How many employees work there...tough situation in a small town like Markdale...

Joe
Yes they plan to re-build in Markdale. They are pretty dedicated to the town since they are the largest employer with 400 employees. Another reason to support this business: David Chapman said "they will continue to pay their 400 employees for however long it takes" at a news conference Sunday Sept. 6th.
for more information on the company: http://www.chapmans.ca/

Joe Dales said:
Hi Wayne: Have you heard if they plan to rebuild or not? How many employees work there...tough situation in a small town like Markdale...

Joe
This is amazing. I can't think of one other company that has continue to pay employees while they rebuild. This is what every small town in Ontario needs, a company that will support it through the good and bad. One more reason I'll buy Chapman's.

Wayne Black said:
Yes they plan to re-build in Markdale. They are pretty dedicated to the town since they are the largest employer with 400 employees. Another reason to support this business: David Chapman said "they will continue to pay their 400 employees for however long it takes" at a news conference Sunday Sept. 6th.
for more information on the company: http://www.chapmans.ca/

Joe Dales said:
Hi Wayne: Have you heard if they plan to rebuild or not? How many employees work there...tough situation in a small town like Markdale...

Joe
I knew this would happen.
As soon as I said - better stock up on Chapman's Ice Cream - everyone must have also. My wife cleaned out the last remaining 2 L Chapman's Premium Ice Cream in Zehr's in Goderich. No more.
I wonder where the next closest store would be.... and with this heat wave... :-(

Wayne Black
if they want to maintain their contracts with major food distributors they will need to have someone copack their ice cream for them. I wonder how many companies they were co packing for?

Andrew Campbell said:
This is amazing. I can't think of one other company that has continue to pay employees while they rebuild. This is what every small town in Ontario needs, a company that will support it through the good and bad. One more reason I'll buy Chapman's.

Wayne Black said:
Yes they plan to re-build in Markdale. They are pretty dedicated to the town since they are the largest employer with 400 employees. Another reason to support this business: David Chapman said "they will continue to pay their 400 employees for however long it takes" at a news conference Sunday Sept. 6th.
for more information on the company: http://www.chapmans.ca/

Joe Dales said:
Hi Wayne: Have you heard if they plan to rebuild or not? How many employees work there...tough situation in a small town like Markdale...

Joe
I wonder how many consumers know that if it doesn't have the blue cow it isn't a) cream or B) canadian cream. chapman's also make a bargain brand out of dairy solids or some other euphemism for out of country sugar/milk concoction made to pole vault the import regultions of supply management..

Wayne Black said:
I knew this would happen.
As soon as I said - better stock up on Chapman's Ice Cream - everyone must have also. My wife cleaned out the last remaining 2 L Chapman's Premium Ice Cream in Zehr's in Goderich. No more.
I wonder where the next closest store would be.... and with this heat wave... :-(

Wayne Black

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Agriculture Headlines from Farms.com Canada East News - click on title for full story

Leading businesses associations call on parliamentarians to pass CUSMA without further delay

With the conclusion of the House of Commons Standing Committee on International Trade’s study of Bill C-4, An Act implement the Agreement between Canada, the United States of America and the United Mexican States, a group of leading Canadian business associations called on all parliamentarians to pass the bill without further delay.

4-H Ontario and Farmers’ Markets Ontario announce new youth partnership

4-H Ontario and Farmers’ Markets Ontario are proud to announce a new partnership that will connect Ontario youth with agriculture and their community. The two organizations will provide ideas and tools for local 4-H Associations and farmers’ markets to connect like-minded youth and community members across the province.

George Weston Ltd. reports fourth-quarter profit up from year-ago mark

George Weston Ltd. reported its fourth-quarter profit rose compared with a year earlier, boosted in part by an improvement in its underlying business, increased ownership in Loblaw and a full year of direct ownership in Choice Properties Real Estate Investment Trust.

Beef Farmers of Ontario Announces New Leadership

The Board of Directors of the Beef Farmers of Ontario (BFO) elected their new president and vice president this week at BFO's 58th Annual General Meeting held in Toronto.

Investing in new initiative to support agriculture sustainability efforts

The Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, today delivered a keynote address at the Annual General Meeting of the Canadian Federation of Agriculture (CFA), where she spoke in support of the sector’s efforts to boost sustainability and build public trust.

© 2020   Created by Darren Marsland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service