Ontario Agriculture

The network for agriculture in Ontario, Canada

Does anyone have a favorite charts site that they would recommend? I like the charts on this site for short term movements but have difficulty finding good yearly charts that go back 20 or more years.

I have seen some that go as far back as the sixties but am unable to locate them now.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Views: 207

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey John,

Moores Research is a good spot to find long term seasonal charts. If you are looking for a specific chart and can't find it let me know.

http://www.mrci.com

Mike McFarlane
Farms.com Risk Management
Excellent. Thanks Mike.
Hi John:
If you only need a couple of charts for your analysis....let us know which ones you want and I will send you a copy.
Take care and have a safe harvest.
Joe Dales
Joe, the link that Mike supplied contained everything I was looking for. Thank you for your offer.

And also, sorry to have missed you at the Farm Show on Thursday!

If there are some technical analysts out there, what do you make of the pattern on the yearly Live Cattle chart as shown in this link?

http://www.mrci.com/beta/index.php?option=com_mcdata&view=wrapp...
Hello John. I use QTPlus and they do have paltform for farmers I pay US $3,000/year but I also use MRCI for US $250/year for long-term charts as well. I hope this helps. I run a company called Farms.com Risk Management its a division of Farms.com and we are all about helping producers across North America do a better job of marketing. Please visit our website at http://riskmanagement.farms.com for details to all our Marketing Programs you can also join an 8-week subscription trial for free. Try it it might help you find those charts you are looking for we use them all the time when advising our clients and include them as part of our marketing programs.

Have a great day!

Moed

▶ Reply to Discussion

RSS

Agriculture Headlines from Farms.com Canada East News - click on title for full story

Canada’s Investment Boom Must Reach Beyond Big Cities, Says Rural Prosperity Group

Nearly $500 billion in investment commitments were announced through Canada’s inaugural Investment Summit, but advocates say rural and northern communities must be positioned to benefit.

Harvest Window Emerges Despite Heavy Rain Threat Across Key Crop Regions

Heavy rains tied to the remnants of Hurricane Polo are expected to slow harvest progress across portions of the U.S. Corn Belt this week, while farmers in the Canadian Prairies could see a transition toward cooler and drier conditions.

Seaway Labour Agreements Support Stable Grain Shipping

Unionized St. Lawrence Seaway employees have ratified new four-year labour agreements; the settlement offers greater predictability for farmers, grain handlers, and exporters.

CWRC appoints new president, transitions host duties to Sask Wheat

The Canadian Wheat Research Coalition (CWRC) has appointed a new president, following the transition of hosting duties from Manitoba Crop Alliance (MCA) to the Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission (Sask Wheat). Sask Wheat executive director Blair Goldade is the new CWRC president. The president, who is appointed from the host organization and approved by the CWRC board of directors, is the key contact for external stakeholders. The CWRC’s operational hosting duties rotate every three years between the three Prairie producer organizations who represent wheat farmers in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba: Sask Wheat, Alberta Grains and MCA. “Sask Wheat was the inaugural host when the CWRC was formed in 2017, so this represents a full-circle moment for the organization. Looking back nearly a decade later, I’m extremely proud of what the CWRC has accomplished on behalf of western Canadian farmers,” Goldade says. “I would like to extend my sincere thanks to MCA and outgoing CWRC

U.S. and China Trade Deals Could Boost Farm Exports and Ease Trade Tensions

The United States and China have announced new trade agreements that include agricultural products among the key sectors receiving improved market access.

© 2026   Created by Darren Marsland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service