Ontario Agriculture

The network for agriculture in Ontario, Canada

Looking for a Dynamic Speaker to Speak About Stray Voltage on Dairy Farms

We are planning GBFW 2014 in Elmwood next January.  As part of our Dairy Day Program we would like to have a dynamic speaker to address the topic of Stray Voltage on Ontario Dairy Farms - Prevalence, Causes, Symptoms and Solutions.  Anyone have any ideas for great Speakers for this subject matter?  I appreciate your help!  (Dairy Day will be January 10, 2014.)

Lorie

Views: 601

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

AmandaBrodhagenMay 08, 6:42pm via Twitter for iPhone

@OntAg David Collins (not too sure if I got the spelling correct)...but he is from the Ripley area.

Thanks Amanda.  I will check that lead out.  Very much appreciated!!  Farm and Food Care has given me some leads as well.  Social media is wonderful!

Lorie

OntAG Admin said:

AmandaBrodhagenMay 08, 6:42pm via Twitter for iPhone

@OntAg David Collins (not too sure if I got the spelling correct)...but he is from the Ripley area.

Adam Shea
@FarmingForYou
@OntAg Magda Havis from peterborough area. Best way to contact is probably through Trent U. Worked on stray voltage with some dairy farmers

Thanks Adam.  I will check this lead out. 

Have a great day!

Lorie

-do U have the speaker firmed up yet?

-if not; please contact me via email as I know of a new group affiliated with the college of Agriculture at the university of Guelph who are involved in studying solutions for ON Dairy farm stray voltage issues that may be a great fit for this venue

-yolanda7@gmail.com

Hi Yolanda. 

Thanks so much for your response.  We do have two speakers coming on Dairy Day - Jan 10th to speak to this subject matter.  They are Brent Royce and Lorne Lantz.  They were referred to us by Farm and Food Care.  Thanks so much though!!

Lorie

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Agriculture Headlines from Farms.com Canada East News - click on title for full story

Canopy Growth acquires hemp company AgriNextUSA in a move to boost U.S. business

Canopy Growth Corp. has acquired AgriNextUSA, in a move to boost its hemp business in the United States. Financial terms of the deal were not immediately available. Canopy says AgriNextUSA chief executive Geoff Whaling will join Canopy Growth USA as a strategic adviser. It says Whaling is considered a hemp pioneer and a leading advocate for the sector in the United States.

Agriculture, trade ministers will testify in April on Chinese canola issue

A pair of federal cabinet ministers have been called on to testify before a parliamentary committee on China's move to reject canola shipments from one of Canada's largest grain producers.

Fine-tuning Nitrogen Strategies on Corn

The nitrogen (N) fertility algorithm proposed at the recent Eastern Ontario Crop Conference by Dr. Dave Hooker, University of Guelph- Ridgetown Campus, was “80% of the recommended N applied pre-plant, then 1 lb/ac of additional N for each millimetre (mm) of rain from the V7 to VT corn growth stage.”

Chronic Wasting Disease a Concern for Ontario

Last weekend CFFO staff attended the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters’ Conference on Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) to learn from the scientists about the potential threat of CWD entering Ontario. CWD, is a neurodegenerative disease that affects members of the deer family, including white-tailed deer, moose, elk, caribou, and mule deer, among others.

To Clean or Not to Clean? Managing DON in Grain Corn

A number of growers cleaned corn this fall in efforts to reduce DON. Whether it is on the combine or at the bins, the general message is to remove as much fines or cob as possible as these harbour the highest levels of DON. Cleaning reports were variable however; some reported good luck in reducing DON, while others reported little or no change.

© 2019   Created by Darren Marsland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service