Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) offers the Career Focus program for recent graduates from an industry applicable college or university program.
Those interested in taking advantage of this program and receive up to $20,000 in funding support to hire a recent graduate are encouraged to act quickly before funding allotted for this program is fully subscribed.
With a total of $864,000 in funding available for distribution through the program, your company can benefit from this wage subsidy for one hire, but we will need to submit your application in advance of the November 15, 2014 application deadline.
This wage subsidy program offered through AAFC aims to provide recent graduates with an opportunity to gain valuable experience that will assist them in attaining full-time employment. The AAFC Career Focus program will support the hiring of 80 interns across Canada’s agriculture and agri-food sector.
- Amount: Small business grants for hiring of up to 50% of project costs to a max of $20,000.
- Timeline: Applications will be accepted up until November 15th of each year, or until funding for the program is fully subscribed. Positions will begin on or after April 1, 2015.
- Company Eligibility: Agriculture or Agri-Food based for-profit, not-for-profit, federal/municipal government, board, association, college or university.
In order to be eligible for this program candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Must be between the ages of 15 and 30;
- Must be unemployed or under-employed;
- Must have graduated in the last three calendar years from an agriculture-related program in a university, college or CEGEP; or a provincial program focusing on biological, agricultural and veterinary science or applied technology; and
- Must be a Canadian citizen or have landed immigrant status.
Find out more from MentorWorks:
Mentor Works provides small and medium-sized businesses with resources for selection and access of government funding programs to help them overcome obstacles to growth. Choose from one of the following to learn more about the AAFC Career Focus program, and please sign up for a Free Government Funding Workshop or Webinar to learn about additional funding opportunities.