Time: September 27, 2012 from 9:30am to 11am
Location: Linwood Community Centre
Street: 5279 Ament Line
City/Town: Linwood, ON
Website or Map: http://www.collaborase.com/Fa…
Phone: 613-240-8000 ext 216
Event Type: workshop, on, 4r, nutrient, stewardship
Organized By: Ben Lemire, ClimateCHECK
Latest Activity: Sep 11, 2012
September 27, 2012, 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Linwood Community Centre (Small Conference Room)
Join regional leaders and nutrient stewardship experts to learn how 4R Nutrient Stewardship will support on-farm Beneficial Management Practices (BMPs). The 4R concept guides farmers in using the Right fertilizer source; at the Right rate; at the Right time; and in the Right place ©.
We will be providing on introductory session on the 4Rs hosted by Dr. Tom Bruulsema of the International Plant Nutrition Institute. This session will include an overview of 4R principles and practices as well as an on-farm case study. We also aim to start a dialogue with local farmers, CCAs, and agri-retailers on the current status of nutrient stewardship in the region. The chief objectives of this workshop are to:
- Introduce the 4R principles and practices;
- Benchmark current nutrient management practices in the region with the help of farmers, CCAs, and agri-retailers;
- Determine some of the current barriers to implementation that exist; and
- Engage the community on a web-based platform to develop solutions that advance nutrient BMPs
- This workshop is part of a new partnership of farmers, scientists, agri-business leaders, municipal leaders, and conservation experts working together to bring innovative farming methods into practice - using Agri-INNOVATIONS by ClimateCHECK. Together, our efforts will help guide the growth of agriculture for the benefit of all Grand River watershed stakeholders.
This innovative project was launched on August 27th at the Grand River Conservation Authority. Please find further details about the project on our Project Website and in our News Release from the project launch. You can also read about our project in the September 7th issue of Farm Credit Canada's Newsletter (FCC Express) and in our Featured Article on Farms.com.
This project is supported by the Canadian Fertilizer Institute and the Ontario Centres of Excellence Social Innovation Program - Environment & Sustainability.
Notable Speakers and Honourable Guests:
Dr. Tom Bruulsema, Director, International Plant Nutrition Institute (IPNI)
Clyde Graham, VP, Canadian Fertilizer Institute (CFI)
Anne Loeffler, Conservation Specialist, Grand River Conservation Authority (GRCA)
Charlie Lalonde, Ontario Federation of Agriculture (OFA)
RSVP now by email to Ben Lemire BL@climate-check.com
or phone 613-241-8000 ext.216
For further project info, visit:
Follow us on twitter at: twitter.com/Farming4RWater
www.agri-innovations.com | www.climate-check.com