Ontario Agriculture

The network for agriculture in Ontario, Canada

How long until they select a new Ontario Agriculture Minister? Is there any good elected Liberal possibilities for the position?

I was visiting the OMAFRA website yesterday and noticed Carol Mitchell was still on it as the Minister.

 

I started to think about who might replace her and when.  I am not familiar with the other elected members of the Liberal party.  Are there any farmers from other ridings?  I know alot of rural ridings went PC so we should have some knowledgeable agri critics like Ernie Hardemann.

 

Any thoughts on this issue?

 

 

Views: 123

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rumors are flying its Ted McMeekin but I have not seen confirmation.
Sorry. Should have read the next posting in the forum.  FARMS does say that Mr. McMeekin is our new Minister.

▶ Reply to Discussion

RSS

Agriculture Headlines from Farms.com Canada East News - click on title for full story

International Plowing Match 2026 Draws Largest Crowd Since Pandemic Return

The 2026 International Plowing Match and Rural Expo welcomed 71,330 visitors to Bruce County, delivering the strongest attendance since the event returned after the pandemic.

Ont. farmer thankful for doctor’s push for breast cancer screening

Sarah Wynn co-owns Wynn Farms in Greater Napanee

New AI Tools for Alberta Farmers

Alberta is funding seven genomics and AI projects that will help farmers improve livestock performance, manage crop diseases, protect pollinators, and strengthen antimicrobial resistance monitoring through practical data-driven tools.

Canola Meal Boosts Dairy Cow Performance

Research shows canola meals can help dairy producers increase milk production, improve protein efficiency, reduce waste, and support profitability when included in balanced rations.

Lallemand Donates $5,000 to Three Canadian Communities

Lallemand Plant Care awarded $5,000 through its 2026 Hometown Roots Contest to support local community projects across Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Alberta.

© 2026   Created by Darren Marsland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service