Ontario Agriculture

The network for agriculture in Ontario, Canada

Roadrunner's Discussions (176)

Discussions Replied To (133) Replies Latest Activity

"There is some pretty heavy clay around Milton area.  You might be able to work somet…"

Roadrunner replied Aug 13, 2014 to Heavy Clay Soil.

6 Aug 13, 2014
Reply by Roadrunner

"Hi Wayne, What did you come up with on this problem? Post a photo next time and we c…"

Roadrunner replied Aug 10, 2014 to International 990 Haybine

1 Aug 10, 2014
Reply by Roadrunner

"I don't know much about the commodity exchanges but I would hope with their importan…"

Roadrunner replied Aug 10, 2014 to Wash Trades

1 Aug 10, 2014
Reply by Roadrunner

"Great new reason to go to local farmers' markets. I will be buying some wine there n…"

Roadrunner replied Dec 16, 2013 to Ontario Wineries can now sell wine at local farmer's markets. What do you think?

5 Dec 17, 2013
Reply by Joann

"Great video Joann, That is one crazy farmer."

Roadrunner replied Dec 15, 2013 to What does the farmer say...youtube

4 Feb 2, 2014
Reply by OntAG Admin

"I don't understand how the nanotechnology would work. What kind of things would it d…"

Roadrunner replied Jul 13, 2013 to 3-D technology

8 Mar 24, 2016
Reply by Joann

"Nice thoughts Joann. I agree with what has been written but also... I love farming…"

Roadrunner replied May 23, 2013 to I Love Farming Because...... Post your response here. Ag More Than Ever.

3 May 23, 2013
Reply by Roadrunner

"Hi Michael, What Mr Vyn is trying to do is actual research and data analysis over t…"

Roadrunner replied May 23, 2013 to Do Wind Farms Impact Ontario Farm Land Values?

2 May 23, 2013
Reply by Roadrunner

"I am happy with the run up on land prices, we own most of our farm. Prices will like…"

Roadrunner replied Apr 23, 2013 to FCC Video: Ontario Farmland Values Increased 11.9% in last six months. Will it continue to increase?

2 Apr 25, 2013
Reply by Joann

"Great job.  Thanks for representing the University of Guelph so well on a big USA st…"

Roadrunner replied Apr 23, 2013 to Congrats to the University of Guelph NAMA Student Business Competition Team Who Won Second Place in Kansas City.

6 Apr 23, 2013
Reply by Emily den Haan

RSS

Agriculture Headlines from Farms.com Canada East News - click on title for full story

Canada’s Outdoor Farm Show Launches Digital Show Amidst Dozens of Agriculture Event Cancellations

Canada’s Digital Farm Show will, in true outdoor farm show fashion, deliver interactive content from the field, giving participants a unique vantage point to see equipment and agricultural technology in a way they have not been able to before.

LOCAL LEAF OPENS VERTICAL FARMING FACILITY

New Canadian agtech company Local Leaf Farms has opened its first vertical farming facility. It produces hyper-local produce, directly addressing many of the challenges of food production highlighted by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Putting Hay into a Cash Crop Rotation

The soil health benefits of having a perennial forage in the crop rotation are better than any cover crop, because its living roots are in the soil for much longer.

4-H Ontario Receives $50,000 Donation to Youth Mental Health Program

4-H Ontario is pleased to announce the organization has received a $50,000 donation from Trillium Mutual Insurance’s ROOTS Community Fund to support 4-H’s Taking Our Mental Health To Heart Program.

3 tips for bringing new ideas to the farm

Broaching potential change with family and business partners – for livestock, cover crop strategies and marketing plans – is not without its difficulties. Proactive communication strategies and putting ideas to paper can make a real difference.

© 2020   Created by Darren Marsland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service