Ontario Agriculture

The network for agriculture in Ontario, Canada

RMP or in beef RMIP How many producers signed up, if you didn't why not?

 A farm reporter called me last night wondering if I knew how many beef producers signed up for RMIP. I of course have no idea. I do know from the reports out of OCA most of the cattle are under the RMIP. The first year the premiums were free, so if the there are payouts it is found money. Seems like easy money to me. I would think that everyone would sign up for the first year at least. But, I may be wrong.

Views: 447

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In the sheep industy I understand that there was a small number that signed up and there was a payout.   Just like you said, I'm not sure why they wouldn't sign up when there was no premium.   At least it gives us an idea as to the program.

▶ Reply to Discussion

RSS

Agriculture Headlines from Farms.com Canada East News - click on title for full story

Chevron CEO Warns U.S. Diesel Export Curbs Could Backfire

Chevron CEO Mike Wirth says restricting U.S. diesel exports could constrain global supplies without delivering the intended savings for American consumers.

New Syngenta foliar insecticide available for potato growers

Incipio includes a novel Group 30 mode of action

How One Ontario Pumpkin Farm Turned 10% of Production Into Half Its Revenue

Butter Farms has found success in ornamental pumpkins and gourds, demonstrating how specialty crops and the growing agritourism sector can significantly improve farm profitability.

Canadian Food System Trust Holds Steady, but Uncertainty and Misinformation Are Rising

Canadians continue to view the country's food system positively, but confidence in its future direction is weakening.

Canadian Agri-Businesses Face Insurance Crunch as Premiums Rise and Coverage Options Shrink

Higher insurance costs and fewer coverage options are creating new challenges for Canada's small agri-businesses.

© 2026   Created by Darren Marsland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service