Ontario Agriculture

The network for agriculture in Ontario, Canada

RMP or in beef RMIP How many producers signed up, if you didn't why not?

 A farm reporter called me last night wondering if I knew how many beef producers signed up for RMIP. I of course have no idea. I do know from the reports out of OCA most of the cattle are under the RMIP. The first year the premiums were free, so if the there are payouts it is found money. Seems like easy money to me. I would think that everyone would sign up for the first year at least. But, I may be wrong.

Views: 446

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In the sheep industy I understand that there was a small number that signed up and there was a payout.   Just like you said, I'm not sure why they wouldn't sign up when there was no premium.   At least it gives us an idea as to the program.

▶ Reply to Discussion

RSS

Agriculture Headlines from Farms.com Canada East News - click on title for full story

International Plowing Match 2026 Draws Largest Crowd Since Pandemic Return

The 2026 International Plowing Match and Rural Expo welcomed 71,330 visitors to Bruce County, delivering the strongest attendance since the event returned after the pandemic.

Ont. farmer thankful for doctor’s push for breast cancer screening

Sarah Wynn co-owns Wynn Farms in Greater Napanee

New AI Tools for Alberta Farmers

Alberta is funding seven genomics and AI projects that will help farmers improve livestock performance, manage crop diseases, protect pollinators, and strengthen antimicrobial resistance monitoring through practical data-driven tools.

Canola Meal Boosts Dairy Cow Performance

Research shows canola meals can help dairy producers increase milk production, improve protein efficiency, reduce waste, and support profitability when included in balanced rations.

Lallemand Donates $5,000 to Three Canadian Communities

Lallemand Plant Care awarded $5,000 through its 2026 Hometown Roots Contest to support local community projects across Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Alberta.

© 2026   Created by Darren Marsland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service