Ontario Agriculture

The network for agriculture in Ontario, Canada

Hi everyone! I am a third-year journalism student at Loyalist College. Currently, I am working on a documentary about women on the family farm.

I want to explore how these days, women are taking on more active roles than ever before, while at the same time, running homes, raising children, and in some cases, even working outside of the home. I want to know what they think of this shift, and what it means in terms of lifestyle. How do they do it all? How are their husbands/partners supportive? Why is this change significant? Etc.

If anyone lives around the Belleville area and is interested in doing an interview, or knows anyone in the Belleville area, I would really appreciate your help.

Also, if anyone has any other suggestions on how to approach the story, that would be appreciated as well.

Thank you so much!

 

Views: 206

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a friend with a farm in Chapeau, Quebec- just on the other side of Petawawa. I dont know if youd be willing to go that far, but Im sure she would welcome an interview.

▶ Reply to Discussion

RSS

Agriculture Headlines from Farms.com Canada East News - click on title for full story

October Weather Forecast Turns Uncertain as Frost, Storms, and Winter Outlook Shift Across North America

Frost advisories, shifting storm systems, and changing long-range outlooks are creating new uncertainty for farmers as harvest season progresses.

RAM Rodeo Championship Finals Coming to Ancaster After Ontario-Wide Tour

The RAM Rodeo Tour season-ending event in Ancaster will bring together the top competitors from across Ontario for three days of rodeo action featuring bull riding, barrel racing, bronc riding, and other fan-favourite events.

Grain Markets Slide on Corn Stocks and China Trade Concerns

Weekly grain markets fell due to high U.S. corn stocks and excluded soybean tariffs, despite supportive wheat figures and Midwest harvest weather concerns.

Soybean Harvest Tips to Improve Farm Returns

Missouri soybean growers can protect yields by adjusting combine header settings, cutting height, and operating speed to minimize harvest losses.

Solar Farms Help Protect Pollinators and Ecosystems

Establishing pollinator habitats on solar farms supports bee populations and nearby crop pollination while lowering long-term mowing costs and improving site stormwater management.

© 2026   Created by Darren Marsland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service