Class 15 departs on February 15, 2015 for their International Study Tour themed “Political, Economic and Cultural Comparisons”. The class will be touring Chile and Argentina and will return on March 1, 2015.
Here are some of their destinations:
- Excursion to vegetable and dairy farms Valparaiso and Pacific Coast
- Tour of the city of Santiago and visit to the Canadian Embassy
- Presentations from agricultural organizations including Fundacion Chile, El Mercurio, Hogar de Criston, Sociedad Nacional de Agricultura, Regional Ministry of Agriculture and the Chilean Production Development Corporation
- Tours of Lo Valledor Wholesale Market and Pioneer’s largest South American seed treatment plant
- Visit to corn, soy, soybean, wheat and cattle farm in Pergamino
- Meals with local farm families to learn about culture and rural life
- Tour of local private school where practical knowledge on farming is taught
- Excursion to Rosario to visit their grain terminal and opportunity to speak with the municipal government about social programming
- Visits with organizations such as the Federacion Agraria Argentina, Liniers Livestock market, Los Piletons, Cimientos and La Nacion
Members of the class will be sharing tales of their adventures each day on this blog as well as on Twitter, www.twitter.com/AALP15.